Friday, October 16, 2015

my love is fire

STUFF I WOULD GRAB YOUR ARM AND TALK YOUR EAR OFF ABOUT IF WE WERE HANGING OUT IN PERSON:

Truy's Natural Deodorant.  I have tried every natural deodorant on the planet, I swear.  I tried Tom's (it made the skin on my armpits PEEL! Wtf?!), Burt's Bees spray (the closest 2nd--not a bad option!), the crystal, I just didn't love them.  Then Natalie did a post on gentle beauty products and suggested this.  I wouldn't have heard of it otherwise--I've never seen it sold in a store!  BUY IT. It's not an antiperspirant, so you will still sweat, but the sweat will not smell bad!  And I know exactly what every ingredient is (coconut oil, powdered sugar, beeswax, baking soda).  No yellow stains on my tees, no aluminum in my pits (#classylady).

Lenny Letter! Lena Dunham and Jenni Konner started this (free) email newsletter and it's wonderful. Clever interviews, occasional fiction, and all of the content is by super cool ladies that you wish you were hanging out with (for instance, Amy Poehler and Jennifer Lawrence). SUBSCRIBE! You need something more intelligent than advertisements for places you shopped at once in your inbox.

Trader Joe's Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds. They are pumpkin seeds, so yes, good...but they're pumpkin spiced, so yes, BETTER.

The List App.  This just launched a couple days ago and was created by BJ Novak (Ryan on The Office!).  It's basically an app all about lists, and the lists are about anything you want them to be about.  Half of my blog posts are in list form, so you know I'm all about this format.  Mindy Kaling lists which actors were the best kissers on The Mindy Project, Aidy Bryant lists what she would do if she were the Bachelorette, BJ Novak lists post-2012 ideas of episodes of The Office, it's just so entertaining. And it's free! I'm thebrandilyn on there.

Snapchat! Have I mentioned Snapchat on here yet?  I've been snapping for a couple years now but now that some of my favorite online girlfriends have joined it's gotten even better. If it feels intimidating check out this video tutorial by The Alison Show on how to use it and then SNAP ME! I'm hellobrandilyn.

hanging out in the car with Clark, wearing my new tee shirt

I bought this tee shirt at Forever 21 and it was $9, it's so soft, it's a little boxy, not too tight, kinda clever, and I've worn it three times in the week since I bought it.  And then I just saw this Feminist one on the website and now I want it, too.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the deodorant suggestion! Tried Tom's and it was too sticky. Currently using Every Man Jack, and at first I was in love, but now I'm like, "Ew, what's that smell? Oh, it's me. I can smell myself." So, obviously it isn't working. I was going to try the crystal because the health food store guy was going on and on about it and I was like, "But it's not on sale and this is..." Anyway, I'm always appreciative of a good natural deodorant recommendation! I've heard good things about Primal Paste. Did you try that one as well?

    Also, I recently became obsessed with Snapchat. My cat Charlie is annoyed because I am basically constantly pointing my phone at him, but whatever. He's the star of my Snapchat.

    And now that I'm at the end of this comment The List App has finished downloading. So basically, thanks for this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! You will LOVE the List App. I haven't tried Primal Paste! I did the crystal forever and I kept telling myself it was just taking forever for my body to get used the the lack of aluminum, but it just never worked that well for me! Truly's took a couple days and now I never smell!! (Well, that I can tell...I hope my friends/family would let me know if I smelled terrible and I was like tralala, everyone try this clean deodorant!)

      Delete
  2. HOW DO YOU GET UR SKIN TO DO THE THING

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're talking about clear skin, my tip is VASELINE. Not even joking! I wash my face before bed, moisturize, and then put a clear coat of Vaseline on. It is so counter-intuitive, I don't know how it works, but I wake up in the morning and my skin feels full and soft. I look like a greasy mess before bed but I wake up with amaaaaaaazing soft skin.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing This post. It's gretful blog I have really enjoyed keeping up with you on this blog. I would like to thank you for sharing this blog. MYRA Collection is a brand with an eye for detail that aims to inspire a new generation of modest fashionable clothing like Hijab online, Maxi skirt, Shirt dress, Hijab fashion, Long tunic for the modern Muslim woman.

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!