Monday, June 8, 2015

wanna keep you here

 Reasons I Haven't Been Blogging:

1. My parents are moving here! To Arizona! How many blog posts have I written about homesickness?  How many times have I cried for days after saying good-bye to my parents?  Well, it's over because they're here and everything is magical.  We've been busy helping them unload truckloads.

    1a. I got to drive home to Livermore for a hot second to help my mom bring the horses out! We drove to California on Friday, spent Saturday with my sister and niecey-poo (who finally decided I was cool enough to talk to, YES), and drove back Sunday with the trailer.  I got the see the house I grew up in one last time (SOB) and it was wonderful and weird.  It was also the longest I've been away from Joony, which was very nice and also very sad. When I walked in after being gone for 3 days he said "Oh, hi, mom," and then he did a double take and his eyes widened and he yelled "Mama!" My heart.
 The 580 headed out of Livermore  

  1b. Joony and I have been house-sitting while my parents go back and forth finalizing move details.  We get to spend most of our days hanging out at my parent's gorgeous new place taking care of the horses and dogs.  They have a pit bull named Duke who curls up in my lap whenever I sit on the couch and a tiny dog named Pierre who bosses Duke around.  We love the animals. I wish I could say Tina is so sad when I'm gone, but I don't think she cares at all (she cares a little).  And the horses know me now!  They nicker when I come out because they know it's either turn out or feeding time.  Horses and dogs and fresh air are good for my soul.
My parents magical new backyard hammock
2. My baby turned three. Three! High-fiving all the angels for the terrible twos being over.  I know we should never, ever wish time away, and how quickly their childhoods go and all that but...two sucked.  Two sucked hard.  Two was the hardest year of my life.  Three is not sunshine and roses, but three is a world of difference.  He is chatty, he is funny, I feel like I've fallen in love with parenting over and over again every day lately.  What a dream.  What a life! He is enrolled in preschool for the fall and we're considering potty training and maybe transitioning to a big kid bed (but let's not get too crazy here #latebloomer).

3. Fight night! I've been taking Group Fight and yoga classes at the YMCA and loving life. I'm so skinny and strong now you wouldn't even recognize me (I literally look exactly like I always have).  I've also been drinking 80-100 oz. of water a day and the results are blowing my mind. My skin is so clear! So healthy, so fit, so inspirational. I also started Fit Bitting! David got me a FitBit for my birthday and 24 hours later, I'm obsessed. How do I add friends? Find me and be my friend!
4. School.  Duh. I'm finishing up my third semester and it's been the hardest one yet because I'm struggling with motivation for the first time ever.  Some days I just don't feel like writing, but I have to sit down and produce anyways.  It's good for me, and it's also mentally draining. Next semester I'm taking David Foster Wallace, Lyric Essay, and I'm helping edit Lindenwood's literary journal (the fiction portion). It's going to be good!  It's going to be so good.  Two weeks off will also be good.

So...basically...life.  Things happen and I think "Gosh, that would be fun to blog," and then I forget and weeks pass and I sit down at my computer and go "Now what was that post idea?" But, ah, well, here we are anyways.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on so many happy things! Life sounds extra exciting right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. k whattt I live in Arizona! is it weird to ask you what part you live in? anddd yay for your parents moving here (and free babysitting am i right?) ;) but for reals yay! and i feel ya, school is burning me out and it needs to be done asap. please.
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!