Wednesday, March 25, 2015

it seems like years since it's been clear

Wait...I have a blog?
I just submitted my final assignment of my second semester, a ridiculously massive, one-third-of-my-grade paper, and now I feel like dancing...or writing a really silly, indulgent blog post.  Here's the latter.
Unrelated picture of my son, because he is almost three and he drives me crazy every single day but he is clever and funny and sweet and we're sitting in the backyard right now in Arizona and I love it.

++ TWO NEW SHOWS:
1. The Last Man on Earth: starring Will Forte from SNL and Kristen Schaal from Flight of the Conchords...you know it's going to be funny, right? It's so good!  There are only a couple episodes so far and you can watch them all on Hulu.
2. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: has Ellie Kemper from The Office.  I watched the entire dang first season in four days.  It's hilarious, so quotable, and has a million people you will be thrilled to see...Martin Short, Jon Hamm, Tina Fey, Nick Kroll, omgsh.  Entire season on Netflix.

++TWO NEW RECIPES:
1. Vanilla Bean Cupcakes These were so good, but I should have worked faster in distributing them to friends and family! I couldn't eat all of them myself (although Joony would have if I'd let him).
2. Three-Ingredient Butter Cookies.    I made the butter cookies with jam filling and sprinkles filling (because I was craving some Funfetti action).  Both were pretty good! Not life changing, but they are so simple to make and you most likely have all the ingredients at home already, so it's a great one to have on hand.

++TWO NEW THINGS TO TRY AT TRADER JOE'S::
1. Boursin. Joanna mentioned it here this morning and I went and got some (less than $4!) along with a loaf of half-baked bread.  I put the bread in the oven while I uploaded my last assignment just now and BOOM...celebration bread and cheese! It was so good I nearly cried.
2. The macarons from the freezer dessert section--6 vanilla, 6 chocolate, $5. So much cheaper than getting them from a bakery and they're so good!  You just have to defrost 20-30 min. before eating.

++TWO NEW THINGS I TRIED IN OUR NEW HOUSE:
1. Washi tape wall art! My mom helped me put this beauty up on our living room wall and I'm so happy with it:

2. Redoing a dresser. I got the RAST from IKEA, which is just a simple raw wood dresser, and then stained the frame and painted the drawers.  I'm also happy with how this turned out!

++TWO NEW THINGS FROM AMAZON:
1. A travel tray for Clarkjoon's lap. This is so simple and smart!  It makes eating and playing in the car 50 times easier.
2. A $17 shower head. SEVENTEEN DOLLARS and just how have I taken a jillion showers under crummy rental showers without making this tiny investment?  Our shower now feels like a magic rain forest hotel shower. I'm not exaggerating here, it's incredible.

++TWO NEW PLACES I HAVE EATEN AT NOW THAT I LIVE IN A BIG CITY:
1. Zupas. I got the ultimate grilled cheese and lobster bisque soup. Holy effffffffffff.
2. Kneaders. Turkey sandwich and fruit tart, best lunch ever. How stereotypical are these food choices? I JUST MOVED HERE okay. I don't know local spots. I know chains I've wanted to try forever and haven't been able to because Rexburg has a McDonald's and an Applebee's.

++TWO SHORT STORIES:
1. Pop Art by Brian Doyle. This made tears come out of my face.  I read a few other pieces by him and every freaking one is so beautiful. He has a new fan.
2. Leviathan. I go nuts when something new by David Sedaris gets published...plus, when don't you want more of The Rooster?! And more of Lou Sedaris, ugh this one is sweet.

4 comments:

  1. Umm, you need to have the French toast at Kneader's!! It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So apparently I (or at least my house...) just want(s) to be you. I was totally inspired by your washi tape wall art and am now doing a pattern on all the doors in my tiny hallway. There are somehow 6 seperate doors/cupboards in there. Stuffs gunna get real. Also, we just bought the Tarva dresser (another unfinished wood ikea deal) I've been thinking about doing a paint and a stain combo on it, but I'll probably just leave it naked because I can't commit to one project, and because I'm just scandalous like that. Naked dressers, ooo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those recipes look delicioussss. I love to bake! Must shower my co-workers with baked treats soon just so I can try them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kneeeeaders. I know the big city restaurant indulgence. I just visted SLC for 24 hours and ate at Chick-Fil-A three times. Count that. THREE TIMES.
    I think every post should have an unrelated Joony photo because, adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!