Friday, February 6, 2015

marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul

Almost exactly one year ago, we bought a house here in Rexburg.  I wrote about that decision in this post, which was mostly about how we had always really wanted to end up in Arizona, but had decided to stay in Rexburg because of David's job.   Just a few months after we bought this house, we started serious talk about grad school, which wasn't something we had really considered before.  We dove into this new ambition, which was so right for both of us, and over the last few months it's started shaping some new options for the next stage of our lives.
I keep finding roundabout ways to get to this point and none of them feel right.  The point is this: we're moving to Arizona!  We're just doing it.  In two freaking weeks!  We're scaling back David's workload so he can focus more fully on school, I'm going to start getting some work experience for my resume, and when we graduate...we'll already be in the place we want to find jobs in. The plan is perfect!  We will finally be around family.  We will be near an airport (we have to drive FOUR hours to Salt Lake to fly anywhere from Rexburg).  We found the cutest little house to rent for a while until we're ready to buy again.  This a good, scary, exciting time for us.  Arizona! It's happening.
(Next on deck: a ridiculously sappy post about leaving Rexburg. You have been warned)

14 comments:

  1. Aw, how exciting! I don't know you beyond reading your blog, but I'm really excited for your family for running after your passions. All the best for new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That's such an exciting adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh!! this is amazing news! I am so happy for you guys! I hope the move goes smoothly for all involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. in that last photo the new place looks... a tad smaller than your current house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a downsize but we don't mind being cozy! ;) Ha! Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm a bit anxious about the long drive with a toddler and a house cat but hey...that'll just be one long day and then we'll be poolside!

      Delete
    2. we drove from Boston to Atlanta with a toddler...twice. my best advice is snacks and snacks and an activity bag and snacks.

      Delete
  5. Leaving rexburg was super hard for us and I still get sad thinking about how much I miss it up there, but at least you're staying out west! Congrats on moving to my favorite place, doesn't get much better than AZ

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray! congratulations you guyssssssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When we were new friends you told me that you and Dave had a shared dream of living on a ranch in Arizona with a bunch of babies and cats and horses. When you told you were moving there I seriously almost cried because I was so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!