THOUGHTS ON MOVING
1. Joony is totally weirded out. He's clingy, whiny, confused, and I don't blame him one bit. Every time we ask him about the move to Arizona he says "Ayzona? NO. No Ayzona, Mom." We're working on it.
2. Tina is weirded out. She creeps around the boxes, chews on the cardboard, and is simultaneously clingy and distant. Stay sharp, Teen! Soon we will need a scorpion hunter!
4. Dave putting his two weeks in three weeks before we leave was the best decision ever. It's so nice to have time together and to share the packing workload.
5. I'm trying to embrace the chaos of a house in progress: all the stuff that can't get tossed into boxes is on the counters, piles of clothes for the next week on the bedroom floor, our garage slowly filling with boxes and furniture...I've morphed into a kind of neat freak over the last year or two (who am I?!) and my inner Monica Geller is having a heart attack.
7. HOW DO WE HAVE SO MUCH STUFF? We have donated so much stuff and still...there is a lot of stuff.
9. How am I leaving Rexburg?! I never thought I would leave this town, really, I didn't.
10. I keep reminding myself, over and over and over again, that home isn't this town or this house, it's David and Joony and even Tina. I'm not leaving home, I'm bringing home with me, it's going to be okay, EVERYBODY JUST STAY CALM ALLRIGHT.
11. Tomorrow Joony and I head to Salt Lake, Saturday morning David meets up with us with the UHaul and we drive the rest of the way. In less than three days we will be in Arizona. THREE. ARIZONA.
12. I wish I was a graceful mover, like I wish I had a cute bandanna holding stray curls off my face and oversized but charming work clothes...instead I'm working with a Gene Simmons bun, smeary mascara, no bra, dirty feet from walking in and out of the garage, and sweaty armpits.