Tuesday, July 29, 2014

spin that record babe


10 Things That Make Me Terribly Happy:

1. Library trips with Joonbaby! There are fish tanks, and computers he's allowed to mess with, and books about tractors, it's just the best free fun there is.

2. Anniversary planning, which this year includes our son, Chick-Fil-A, and blender shopping. I know it doesn't sound sexy, but we're also going all out in Florida later this month. I'm excited about all of it.

3. Ladies Night! Unfortunately, last week it was to say good-bye to Meg, but it was so good to get together with some friends and eat pie. We did take a picture with all 5 of us, but it's awful, so here's one great selfie that Shpitty and I took together:
Some people would say timeless beauty, I don't know, that's just the talk on the street.

4. The Tonight Show! We watch a night behind on Hulu but it's still so much fun. We love Jimmy.

5. FINE I GAVE IN TO THE DUMB TREND. I got ugly Birkenstock sandals. But in my defense, they were $9 on an eBay steal, which is unheard of in these times. I've seen used, nasty, sweaty Arizonas going for $75. Highway robbery. I'm still not wearing overalls, though.

6. I ran 8 miles tonight! Please send me all the virtual high fives you have because it was the hardest thing I've ever done...and I'm adding another mile next week. Spent 8 miles chanting, "Pain is weakness leaving the body" in my head and yeah, it's so corny, but it helped.

7. On my run, David and Joony pulled up in the pickup at mile 5 with a mug of ice water and high fives.

8.When I got home from my run, I saw that a package had been delivered from my parents in California! There was a Ninja Turtle mug and water bottle for Joon and I to share, miniature shampoo and conditioners, a big fat kitty salt & pepper shaker set, and little miniature Nissan cars for Joon. We felt the love big time.

9. I made french silk pie from Joanna's blog, and it was pretty easy and it's really good. Dave can't eat any of it, though, so if you're in Rexburg please come get a slice. I can't have the weight of an entire pie eaten solo on my shoulders.

10. Freezer taquitos. I'm disgusting, I own it.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. Tons of high fives coming at you.

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!