Tuesday, June 17, 2014

two hands, one beating heart

loafers: c/o Wanted Shoes, pants: Target; blouse: H&M stolen from Meg's closet

In an effort to move some negativity down the page...
10 THINGS THAT MAKE ME REALLY, REALLY HAPPY:
1. Rain on a day when my allergies have been, like...whoa bad.
2. My dog rolling around the living room with her tongue hanging out, and then chasing a laser pointer, and then tracking a pesky fly. Goofdog.
3. Joony pointing at an old (skinnier, longer haired) photo of me and saying, "Mama! Hi!"
4. Baking. I love baking so, so much. On my current to-bake list: Blackberry Chocolate Cupcakes.
5. I turned 25 last week! David got me a laptop for my online teaching/MFA endeavors and his confidence in me made me cry.  Megs and Martha and Liz got me the swimsuit of my dreams and my sister took me for a massage and my parents sent me a package filled with Moleskine notebooks, a new book, and a salt and pepper shaker for my collection.  Shpitty bought this print for my house. Dave's parents sent patio furniture so I can sit outside and read and watch my dog play.  I don't want to make my birthday about materialistic things, but I was just so touched by how much thought went into gifts I appreciate so much.
6. Improv.
7. Being under budget on my week of groceries and able to splurge on a little sushi for lunch.
8. Digging through Megan's closet...see: that shirt above, worn to my birthday dinner, stolen from her closet.
9. Also seen above! Hot pink lips.
10. Less than two weeks until I am Montana-bound to meet David Sedaris. I've been dreaming about this for over 10 years now, I can't believe it's almost real.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you to meet David Sedaris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even think about it too much because my hands actually start to shake and I start squeaking and yelping, I'm not even trying to exaggerate for humor here. That is what happens.

      Delete
  2. UGH. Can I tell you HOW LONG I've thought about getting you a cats in clothes print?? For some reason it's never happened (money, life, time, whatever). And now you have one and the novelty is lost but I guess we'll just have to create a little collection for you. Yep. That's what we'll do. But seriously, it's so YOU and I wish I had been more on top of things. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I am in no way opposed to a cats in clothes gallery wall! I love you Rachey.

      Delete
  3. I just LOVE this post. :) Happy Birthday - I am the worst at saying that on time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ,
    I love this site!
    Do you know this Google already?

    Google of Mom Clothes

    You can personalize it with a name you choose. With the same results of Google!
    Use it as your homepage with your own name on it!

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!