Friday, May 2, 2014

drugstore face

Now let's depart from talk of higher education and discuss beauty products, shall we?  I'm no YouTube-makeup-tutorial-beauty star by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy playing around with different products and I like to think I hide my swamp monster tendencies well, so here we are.

I don't use a single department store fancy brand product. I don't have the money or, frankly, the access to those things.  What I do have is a Wal Mart, a Walgreens, and an occasional trip to the Big City (ahem, that's Idaho Falls) for Target.  Here's the crap I don't hate.
And then broken down into face and eyes...
 For my face:
Beyond Belied BB Cream. I found this at Sally Beauty Supply, so maybe I'm breaking my own rules here on the department store nature of this post? This stuff is awesome, it's not expensive, and I rarely use concealer any more because this works so well. It also has SPF, which is priority #1 for me.
Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick. This maybe smells like licorice + insect repellent, but when you have a pimple, it dries that sucker right out. I swear by this magic potion.
Maybelline DreamTouch. When I do need a concealer, I use this, and sometimes if I have circles under my eyes. I use the Ivory color because I am whiiiiite.
Physicians Formula Shimmer Strip in Vegas Strip/Light Bronzer. It is amazing and not orange/glittery.
E.L.F Blush in Fuchsia Fusion. Pretty pink, so I only use a tiny bit, and it balances nicely with the bronzer.
YesTo Blueberries Age Refresh Cleansing Facial Towlettes. For when I'm being a lazy son of a gun and don't wanna wash my face (btw, I just use a bar of Dove facial soap for that and it's great).
Eyes:
CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume. I don't know, I like it. It's not clumpy and it stays on all day.
Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil. If your not defining your eyebrows, what are you even doing with your life? It's become my favorite part of my makeup routine and I feel like it brightens my whole face. I like this pencil but I don't LOVE it, so if you have an eyebrow pencil you swear by, share your secrets.
L'Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Eyeliner. I don't use black eyeliner much at all anymore, but this works well for a cateye if you're into that kind of thing, which I sometimes am.  Sometimes.
E.L.F Baked Eyeshadow in Toasted Brown. Pretty and subtle. I never go crazy with eye shadow colors, always brown, always kind of shimmery, I'm predictable like that.
Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Pink Me Up. I pair this with the dark pink lipstick I've been wearing lately and it moisturizes and looks nice, with just a little bit of color. Also good on its own without lipstick.

NOT PICTURED BUT THE BEST THING IN MY WHOLE LIFE: This lipstick. It's off of Amazon, so I didn't know if it counted for this post, but it turns this amazing dark pink color on me and it nails it every time. I want to buy a 12 pack.

There it is! Tell me if there's something you can't live without, I eat those recommendations UP.

2 comments:

  1. I picked up Rimmel foundation when I forgot my normal brand last time I went on vacation. I bought the Rimmel solely for the sake of not spending another $15 just because I had a dumb moment while packing. Perfect accident because now it's my go-to...for 1/3 of the price and I actually like the way it works with my skin a lot better. Walgreens sells Cococare cocoa butter chapstick...love.it. I think it's only $2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the e.l.f. eyebrow kit and it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!