Friday, April 11, 2014

I ain't ever lived a year better spent in love

Today is Joony's second birthday!
Joony is simultaneously fiercely independent and very clingy.  He wants me nearby, but not following him around.  He loves buses, trucks, cars, airplanes, and dogs.  All day long he waits for David to walk through the door and take him into the garage for their nightly playtime in the cab of the truck. The only television show he likes watching is Curious George (usually half an episode each day while I make breakfast). He doesn't talk a ton, but knows enough words to communicate when he sees a plane outside or to identify his favorite people.  If he thinks I'm being too serious or sad, he'll wrap his arms around me and gently pat my back or legs or whatever he can reach. When you ask him what his name is, he points to himself and says "Baby!"  And I love that. He is my baby.
In short, Joons is the most hilarious, infuriating, clever, stubborn, sweet, adorable little guy we've ever met.  I have no idea what I'm doing, and I know sometimes I mess up, but being a parent is still the coolest thing I've ever done.
Happy birthday, buddy!
P.S. Joony turns one and Joony's birth day

No comments:

Post a Comment

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!