Friday, April 18, 2014

crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful, beautiful



24 Hour Roller Coaster:
+ I got a massage, scheduled as a surprise by my husband, and I loved every second of it.
+ We went on a last-minute date night to our favorite burger place and spent the whole time dreaming about getting our master's degrees and planning how we might make it happen for reals.
+ Then we took the sexy meter up a notch and headed to PetSmart for dog food, where I found like 4 different people to talk about dogs and compare cell phone pictures with.
-- Dog food is so freaking expensive whyyyy.
+ We came home and spent forever googling programs and jobs and getting excited...
-- ....which kept us up after midnight....
-- ...and then Joony woke up in the middle of the night and tossed and turned in our bed for a couple hours...
-- ...and the night ended when he woke up an hour earlier than usual...
-- ...so the whole dang family woke up terribly, horribly grumpy.
+ I got to talk to the coolest lady about her Creative Writing MFA experience and ended the conversation feeling encouraged and excited and hopeful.
-- Joony pulled my straightener off the counter and burned the crap out of his finger. It blistered and he screamed and I hyperventilated and felt like the worst mother alive.
+ My BFF Shpitty came over on her lunch break and I got to have my 2nd awesome conversation of the day with an awesome lady.
-- Even after his nap and ice and Tylenol and Neosporin, Joony was so miserable and sad...
+ ...so we went to the park with Carmen and had so much fun walking around and enjoying fresh air!...
-- ...and Carmen had the most uncomfortably slow motion dog poop directly in front of a row of high school students watching their friends play tennis, and then I had to bend over and scoop the poop into a doggy bag while they watched so I wasn't that awful, disgusting dog owner who just leaves poo in public parks for nice people to step in.
-- Joony ripped pages out of one of my favorite books, which was a gift from a high school English teacher and is filled with highlighting and her hand-written notes and is one of my most prized possessions.
+ I met up with a group of really funny people who are forming an improv comedy group and we talked and cracked jokes and started making plans for a really fun time and I got REALLY excited about the possibility of doing some improv again.

1 comment:

  1. IMPROV?! Waaaaah! I feel like I'm being cheated on!

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!