Thursday, January 2, 2014

I N G

madewell archive boot; rue 21 red pants; ae belt; target turtleneck
taken and edited with mah phone because i'm actively lazy about outfit blogging these days

DRAWING: Doodly fonts. I saw a print on Pinterest (here's the original) and thought, I wonder how hard this would be to draw on my own... It turns out very hard, but also very addicting, and now I keep trying new ones and new sayings and I can't stop! It keeps my hands busy and I love the finished ones, even though they're still very clumsy.
WATCHING: Stranger Than Fiction. I also recently re-watched Lars and the Real Girl. I forgot how much I love these movies! We've tapped out every Red Box option on date nights lately so I've been visiting old favorites.

SPRAYING: Burt's Bees Herbal Deodorant. I've tried so many different natural and homemade deodorants and crystals and everything (aluminum scares me!) and none of them work, but this one seems to so far. Plus it smells nice.

HOPING: 2014 is better than 2013. 2013 was not actively terrible, it was just an overall meeh. This next year will be better...it will, it will!

READING: Blue Like Jazz. I loved--loved--Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years and now I need to read another book by him to kick off 2014.

ANTICIPATING: Learning to play the guitar with David! We made a spur of the moment decision late last night that we want more music in our home--maybe even music we can learn to make. It feels a little crazy but I'm determined to follow through with it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this look! You aren't the only one who didn't love 2013. I'm hoping that 2014 brings the awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last winter agrees with you, apparently; you look gorgeous! It's good that you've taken up playing the guitar. I totally believe that a house filled with beautiful music is a happy home. I'm sure you’re already far of on the lessons to dish out some awesome tunes! A recording might be in order! Haha! I hope 2014 is proving to be a good year for you.

    Vinni @ V-Picks

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!