Wednesday, January 15, 2014

cooking my brains out

I'm cooking more in 2014! I mean, is there anyone who isn't blogging about cooking more? Come on.
Anyways, here are a couple recipes I've made and loved lately...

If you want to be into baking (I do), but are intimidated by the science behind it all (I am), then you should try this no-knead bread recipe (I did), and it might turn out delicious (it did). (Are my parentheses annoying you yet?) (No?) (...How about now?). Now a French oven is at the top of my neeeeeeeed list...Dave got mad because I put our stainless steel pot, which has rubber handles, into a piping hot oven and maybe made our whole house smell like burning rubber. So basically now I need a French oven to save my marriage (joking).

For breakfast: brown rice (I used an instant microwave cup) mixed with agave syrup, cinnamon, and almond milk. It turned out pretty good! The smell of those microwave rice cups always takes me right back to the winter I was pregnant and the only thing I ate was rice cups and cheese sticks. Pregnancy was weird.

Dirty Diet Coke. DIRTY DIET COKE, YOU GUYS. Except have I mentioned that I'm allergic-ish to Diet Coke? It gives me rib pains so bad I can't breathe like 3-4 hours after I drink it, which is so bizarre. I come from a long line of Diet Coke drinkers. Anyways, I can't do diet soda anymore, just regular sugar-filled stuff, and my libation of choice is Dr. Pepper. I haven't tried the half-and-half in this recipe, I just put the lime in the coconut and I drink it right up (heh heh heh). Also, if your Sonic's crushed ice machine is broken like mine was (wtf, Sonic?), you can shake a tray of ice into a gallon Ziploc bag and beat it with a hammer. The things I go through for a beautifully caffeinated beverage.

My sister sent me this Loaded Potato and Buffalo Chicken Casserole recipe. I make it with no hot sauce (we're weenies), and Dave puts Daiya cheese and Tofutti sour cream on his, but it's really good. Really, really good.

As always, please send any amazing recipes you have my way!
I love cooking for my family but hate meal planning.

1 comment:

  1. I am FOR SURE trying that bread recipe. Looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!