Thursday, December 19, 2013

we're happy tonight


This outfit: my Danskos are surprisingly amazing on slippery ground, and I've worn this sweater like 3 out of 5 days since I got it. I feel swaddled and I like it.

LATELY...

++ Warming up on chilly days in the shower. Joon brings his Hot Wheels in for a car wash and it's just the best...plus I'm able to get the mac n' cheese from lunch out of his hair, so that's a life bonus.

++ Joony hanging onto my hand so tightly at Thursday morning play group before he tentatively went off to explore the gym. You can hang on as long as you need to, little Joonbug. He was also, as usual, most interested in the play kitchen. Santa really cannot wait to set one up on Christmas Eve!

++ My coat closet door all filled with Christmas cards! I love admiring everyone's beautiful pictures when I walk by.

++ J's been spending more and more time with his books, his favorite being Roadwork. I love it when he plops down on the floor next to the fireplace and opens up a good book.

++ Avoiding Facebook because my feed is packed with Duck Dynasty rants...I don't know anything about that show except that now there's bearded men on all the tacky crap in Wal Mart. I DON'T CARE.
**Okay, I need to bite my tongue and post an addendum. I shared this link on Facebook because it's good. ::shameface::

++ My parents get here in LESS THAN A WEEK and I'm trying not to think too much about it because I know it will make the next couple days go by soooo sloooow. However, before they get here, Megan leaves me. Like she graduates and heads off into the world and every time I think about it I want to cry and puke at the same time. So let's not talk more about that.

++ We took a spontaneous date night into Idaho Falls with Joony in tow, and he cried the whole way home, so I guess that's our lesson learned about spontaneity and Chick Fil A cravings near bedtime.

++ I made homemade cinnamon rolls! Like I measured ingredients and rolled out dough and let it rise and everything. They're amazing and I'm so proud. The recipe I used was really simple, but I want to try Pioneer Woman's recipe soon!

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to make cinnamon rolls! :) Maybe I'll get crazy and make some for my family coming into town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I was surprised at how easy it was. Plus, everyone will be so impressed that you did it from scratch!

      Delete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!