Friday, November 1, 2013

foxhole

heels/sweater: f21; skirt: nordstrom 2007; watch: fossil

I've noticed that, since I've been blogging less, blogs that I used to roll my eyes at annoy me less and I'm enjoying old favorites more again. Why is that?  After being consumed by blogging for a couple years, I guess it's good to take things less seriously again.

Joony has been off and on with sleeping again lately. Some nights he wakes up and just won't go back to sleep--he cries and cries and it breaks my heart, so he ends up in our bed playing on the iPad until he gets drowsy again and crashes in between us. I'm a big fan of any time we can get him to cuddle up in the middle of our bed, though.

I've been replacing a ton of internet/TV time with reading lately and I am always shocked by how fast I fly through books. I mean, I know I'm a fast reader, it just goes by even faster when it's for more than 15-20 minutes before I fall asleep.  Anything you've read and loved lately? I feel like I'm always asking for book recommendations...but I'm always reading books, so. You know.

I'm in a book club, and it is the coolest, and I look forward to it every month, and today I made little mini hand pies and spent my evening talking to smart, cool women.

I always call Joony "baby." Recently, he's starting calling me baby, too, but it sounds more like Bobby. He walks around the house chirping, "Bo-bby? Booobby! Bobby!" and I really think it's the funniest thing ever.

Every time I take a Zumba class (8:30-9:30pm), I come home ravenous. I want a full-on second dinner. One time I was so hungry and grouchy, David went and hot me a gas station hot dog at like 11:30 and I felt bad for making him leave the house that late...but that was a good hot dog.

Anxiety and panicky feelings and the blues are literally the worst. I think I may PMS worse than any other uterus on the planet.

9 comments:

  1. I love book club too!! This last one was an awesome discussion. Since Beckett was born I've blown through four, almost five books. That's what nursing does for me. ;). I need to borrow some of your Jodi Piccoult books!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well! June used to say "Bobby" for the longest time when she was younger! And we could never figure out who "bobby" was but maybe she was trying to say "baby" that whole time! Thanks for dispelling that one for us. During the time we started to wonder if there was a ghost names Bobby in our midst.

    Also, hope you've never had to roll your eyes at my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly and truly--never! It's mostly "career" bloggers that I tend to get annoyed with, and then I cool my jets and just enjoy them for what they are (generally magazine spreads, not an actual representation of someone's life).

      Delete
    2. OH and! I hope she was saying baby! I only figured it out because every time I get him from his bed, I open his door and say, "Hiiii, baby!" and he started saying, "Heeeey Bobby!" with the same inflection I use. Kids are too too much.

      Delete
  3. My siblings and I all call my mom "Bob" and have for years. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We might be headed there with Joony!

      Delete
  4. Yipes, we're sweater twins! Now we can enjoy all the rights and privileges inherent. First stop, a twin convention. How fast can you make it to Cincinnati?

    Forever 21 4-eva.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would only take me 24 hours! I mean, with a toddler in the backseat, that is NOTHING. I could meet you for lunch and then head right back home. Or we could met halfway in Omaha, I hear they have lovely...malls...

      Delete
  5. What a fun/chic sweater, loved it! I'm also in a bookclub and it's a real incentive for me to always be reading (as opposed to watching tv...) Don't know if you like classics, but I'm reading Chekhov's short stories and it's pretty good. x

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!