Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Currently

pictures from my instagram

READING: I am still finishing up the Divergent series. Why can't I get into this third one? I read the first book in two days.  I've been working on Allegiant for two weeks now.

WONDERING: how long you have to be married before you start hating your spouse. See, David and I have been married just over 5 years--so we're not newlyweds any more, right? But every time I say something nice about him, someone says, "Oh, you must be a newlywed." So only newlyweds like their husbands? I'm so confused by this. I'm just married to a nice guy.

FEELING THANKFUL: for family, whether or not they're a blood relation. This year, we get to have Thanksgiving dinner with David's brother, who's driving up from Utah, and one of my best friends, Megs. I'm so excited for a relaxed, cozy day surrounded by a couple of my favorite people.

EATING: Well, I bought spinach artichoke dip and French bread to set out on Thanksgiving day for snacking while the main meal was prepped...but I may have to run back to the store to get more before Thursday...

WATCHING: Catching Fire tonight with a couple girlfriends! We've been planning this night since September and I'm just really excited. All of the tweets and statuses raving about it have fueled my excitement fire.

WORKING ON: A picture book as a Christmas present for my niece! I made one for Joony since everyone he's related to lives out of state and I wanted him to still see their faces regularly. Now my little niecey-poo is getting one so she can remember who her favorite Auntie is! (It's me. I'm the favorite Auntie)

LOVING: Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap, most especially the peppermint one. It leaves my skin feeling so clean it literally tingles and the bottle is covered in hilarious Ginsberg-esque phrases ("Balance food for body-mind-soul-spirit is our medicine! Full-truth our God half-truth our enemy, ALL-ONE OR NONE ALL-ONE!").

ATTEMPTING: to parent a toddler. IT IS SO TRICKY. How can you be both firm and gentle? How do you discipline a little soul who knows when he's being naughty, but doesn't understand the concept of consequences?

WANTING: for December 23, when my family is driving up from California for a white Christmas! My halls are decked, the air is merry and joyful, the gifts are wrapped! Well, okay, gifts are not yet wrapped. BUT I did order Joony a miniature armchair (this one) for Christmas because he thinks chairs that are his size are just the funniest thing in the world, and Mr. Claus is bringing him a kitchen and oh-my-gosh it's going to be so much fun.

Post format stolen from Kaelah!

2 comments:

  1. I often wonder about the spouse thing too. My husband and I take 10-day road trips every year, just the two of us. Everyone says "oh man, I could never spend that much time with my spouse" and I just don't get it! I love (and like, and enjoy) the guy, why wouldn't I want to spend time with him?? We've been married 3.5 years but together for 6 and friends for over 20... It's sad that we seem to be somewhat unique in actually still thinking fondly of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's me. I'm the favorite Auntie" hahah that cracked me up! Thanks for the morning pick me up :)

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!