Tuesday, September 3, 2013

i will grow my own trees while you follow the moon

flats: ModCloth; skirt: Old Navy; tee: target; necklace: World Market

Things that make a happy weekend:
-  A sweet, encouraging text from a beautiful friend.
-  Joony gently stroking my arm every time I say, "Soft! Be soft!" (he's heading into a hitting phase and I'm not thrilled about it)
-  Breakfast with a great friend and her smiley baby (a stark contrast from my solemn J)
-  Making a road trip farewell box with candy and a kick-A mix CD
-  Finishing Natalie's Book of Mormon challenge and starting another one right away! I decided to break this one up into two months and do 4 chapters/day. If you want to join you can DL my reading chart right here.
- My father in law coming into town! We got a long weekend with him and it was so fun. He even brought a little baby fake iPad for Joony, so they were instant BFF.
- Barbecue steak, twice baked potatoes, butternut squash, and for dessert...RED VINESS!
- I shared a personal story with the boys in our Sunday School class.  At one point, I got a little teary, and a student said, "Well...this is pretty intense." Awesome.
- We went to BEAR WORLD, literally a world full of bears. They were everywhere and Joon was thoroughly unimpressed. The petting zoo was deemed worthy of a casual interest.
- Driving slowly by an adorable house we want to buy like complete creeper weirdos because we just love the neighborhood and the house and everything so so so so much.
- Our anniversary! 5 years, 1 month. We celebrate every month. True love and all that.
- One Direction in 3D, baby! Those little boys are like dancing puppies, so cute and little and sweet. Also Megs and I were the only ones in the theater, so...we're cool.

5 comments:

  1. I'm back(ish) to blogging and I was SO happy to come read all these posts. I miss you friend. SEE YOU THURSDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!



    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. "Well...this is pretty intense."
    hahahahahahahahahahaha SO FUNNY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typical 11 year old boy, right? Shifting uncomfortably in his chair like, "Please stop with the tears..."

      Delete
  3. I'm super impressed that you read the entire BOM in a month! I'm a little ashamed to say I have not done that, nor have I come close! BUT, I am going to do your two month challenge! I guess what! I've been doing it! Granted it is only the 5th.... But I'm really going to try

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!