Monday, August 19, 2013

mallrat

sandals: target; jeans/vest: wet seal; tee: panache; necklace: f21

In the mall on a Wednesday:
+ Lost my iPhone. Went back to Old Navy, said I lost my phone, it's in a light blue case, yadda yadda. Over the intercom: "The lady who lost the cat iPhone is back for it." Yep. That's me.  Hi.
+ The girls working at Wet Seal all called me "Hon," which made me want to punch them...but not as much as I wanted to punch myself for shopping at Wet Seal, ya feel me? (AND YES I BOUGHT JEGGINGS THERE, SUE ME)
+ Two teenage boys saw my stroller-pushing self approaching the double doors on the opposite side as them and they each opened a door for me. I think I said, "Oh my gosh, thank you, you guys are so nice, thank you so much," about 5 times. Really, though, pushing a stroller through double doors is such an acrobatic feat, breezing right through them is a dream come true.
+ Joony remained happy through THREE stores, a record!  He also ate his weight in pretzels and gold fish in that amount of time, but I'll take it.  Three stores in the Idaho Falls mall is about all I can handle too, to be honest.

3 comments:

  1. I HATE trying to get through doors with that blasted stroller. It's the best when someone holds them open. THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog today through a link from another blog and I have happily spent a couple of hours reading back to Valentine's Day. I have loved reading about your daily life as a stay-at-home mom.
    Reading about your baby (he is adorable), brings back so many memories for me, especially the nap time trials and tribulations! My kids are grown now and I have grandchildren, and I'm sure you have heard this from others, but babyhood is so fleeting. so enjoy and cherish each and every moment.
    Even more interesting was reading you live in Rigby. I am a Rigby (by marriage) and have spent many happy times in Rigby visiting my in-laws, Dr. & Mrs.Rigby (now deceased), who were related to the gentleman from whom the town of Rigby was named. I have fond memories of West Yellowstone and the the Playmill Theatre, which was always a "must-do" during our visits to Rigby.
    You write a lovely blog and I have added you to my favorites. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really just feel like we could be friends that shopped at the mall together and that's saying something you know.... Also, I wanted a jean vest a few months ago and went too far in the "chambray" route and now I'm still pining for another, sturdier vest like the one you're wearing. I'll probably go wandering to goodwill and hack the sleeves off a little kids' jean jacket, is what might happen...

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!