Monday, July 1, 2013

the crown jewel

sandals: saltwater; skirt/belt: f21; tee/vest: old navy

It's been so long since I blogged that I had a hard time sorting through and remembering which outfits I'd blogged and which were sitting, unedited, in folders.  Here's one from a day date with my Davids last week.

Our summer has been floating by so wonderfully.  I was so lonely after we moved to Rigby, and June has been filled with such wonderful friends, it makes me want to cry just thinking about it.  Time spent talking with women I admire is soul food.  It is so good to know that, even miles away, someone is going through the same things you are.  It is also good to be around people who laugh at my weird jokes that others so seldom get and who don't judge me for microwaving a crapload of mini tacos at 10:00 at night.

Side note: a fantastic part of this summer has been party punch. I use a slightly modified version of this recipe and it's been a huge hit.  I drink it until it gives me a stomachache and don't even care.  The other night, though, I pulled a bag of Sonic ice (so so so so good) out of the freezer and loudly proclaimed, "And now, the crown jewel of the party punch!" ...right before dropping the huge bag of ice and having it explode all over my kitchen floor.  Punch was still a success, thank goodness.  We've also been cutting hot dogs down the middle and grilling them like that, 5 Guys-style. It easily increases the delicious factor of a ballpark hot dog tenfold.

P.S. Happy July! I hope everyone's having an easy transition from Google reader today.  If you'd like, you can follow Mom Clothes on Bloglovin. I've mostly been using Feedly and loving it. You can also follow me on Twitter, though I'm not so great at tweeting post links because I worry it gets annoying :)

3 comments:

  1. I've always been undecided on salt water sandals on adults BUT now I want them after seeing yours! And that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SO comfortable and durable! Of course, they are approximately 347x cuter on little baby feet, but they're a great sandal for adults too. I found a sweet deal on eBay for mine, which helped ease the investment cost ;)

      Delete
  2. I love this skirt! So pretty.

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete

I think you're smart, pretty, & entitled to your own opinion.

I'd love it if the feeling was mutual!